Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My journey so far.....

So we are coming to the end of module one and before starting the epic final essay I found myself looking back on all the work I have done so far and I realised how much I have learned and developed through this course. Looking at my very first blog compared to my most recent there is a huge difference. The thought of blogging initially was a daunting thought but now it seems to have become second nature! Who would have thought it! I have also become a lot more confident with technology and far more aware of what is out there for us to use and benefit from! The Internet for me is no longer just a place to check emails and Facebook status updates, it is a huge well of  knowledge and Information just waiting to be sourced and used. It is a massive benefit and great tool to me in my professional practise when It comes to networking. It is a great place to research and learn and has helped me greatly when reflecting on events in my professional practise to give me a deeper understanding and other perspective. What would I do without the Internet and Web 2.0! I really don't think I would have the same career as I do now!

Taking part in the course has also helped to mature me and bring a sense of self discipline and organisation into my hectic lifestyle. It has made me slow down, stop and reflect, take time to process information and learn, analyse and question things I once just took at face value. It has brought discipline back to me as no one is pushing you to learn it is all down to you. I discovered quite quickly from starting this course that you definitely get out what you put in. This has given me confidence in myself to realise there is no wrong or right, it is your individual learning process and what you think and learn may not necessarily be anything like how someone else in the course perceives it.

My main points of learning throughout module one:


  • Use the Internet wisely and you can learn and develop greatly as a professional practitioner
  • Web 2.0 is a great tool in my industry to help with networking etc
  • Self discipline and organisation skills
  • You get out what you put in
  • Be confident in your learning process
  • There is no wrong or right
  • Analyse and develop answers for yourself, never take things at face value
Please feel free to comment I'd love to hear about what others feel they have learned so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment